Last year I spotted a photo of a ghost and spider pizza floating around Facebook and I had to recreate it for my family. It was just too cute! I am not sure who originated the idea, but I am so glad they shared this pizza design with the world because it made a fun, family night meal. Don’t forget to let the kiddos join the fun because this pizza is just as fun to make as it is to eat! As you can see from the picture below my spiders only have 6 legs, that is wrong. Spiders are arachnids and have eight legs, unlike insects which have only six. Who’s kidding, my kids did not even notice, but I assured them next time we make our spiders they will have 8 legs. Hope you enjoy this Grilled Ghostly Pizza with your family this fall!
Grilled Ghostly Pizza
- pizza dough
- pizza sauce
- turkey pepperoni slices
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pimiento stuffed Spanish olives
- rosemary needles
- sliced black olives, torn into pieces
How to Grill your Pizza
- Preheat your grill. I have a gas grill; I warm my grill on medium heat about 400 degrees and adjust as needed.
- Place dough on foil and then on the heated grill.
- Allow the dough to cook on the grill for about 3- 5 minutes and then take the dough off the grill and flip dough over.
- Keep the dough on the foil and apply sauce, cheese ghosts, and spiders on pepperoni slices.
- Then put the pizza back on the grill with foil under the dough and close the lid. Check often, it doesn’t take long.
- Once the cheese is melted take the foil off the bottom with tongs. You can tell when to take the foil off by how stable the crust is, and then finish grilling the pizza to your liking.
How to Make the Spiders
- Use a toothpick to make the eyes and legs holes for each Spanish olive.
- Insert a rosemary needle in each leg hole to create spider legs.
- Place each spider on a pepperoni slice.
How to Make the Ghosts
- After applying sauce to the dough, choose several spots for your ghosts.
- Place a heaping amount of cheese and add black olive pieces where the eyes and mouth should be. When the cheese starts to melt it will create its own ghostly appearance.
Are you looking for more Halloween recipes? We have some for you ; )
Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs says
How adorable Audra! That is super creative and looks amazing. What a great way to celebrate with the kids. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Bonnie! This pizza is very fun :)
I love this, Audra! I may have to try this out. My daughter would be delighted! ;)
Thank you, Emily! My kiddos have so much fun making this pizza :)