Cheesy Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes are a wonderful compliment to a variety of dishes and an excellent choice for a holiday side. This savory side is a family favorite and I would love to share my recipe with you. I hope you and your family will enjoy this side at your table soon because these Cheesy Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes don’t last long!
Cheesy Garlic and Herb Mashed Potatoes
- 8 small potatoes
- ½ cup milk (add more if needed)
- ⅓ cup of butter or refined coconut oil
- ½ cup of mild cheddar (I use red wax mild cheddar)
- 1 tsp garlic & herb seasoning (I use McCormick)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ - ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 TBSP fresh chopped chives
- Peel and rinse potatoes. If your potatoes are not the same size when peeling, cut them until they are approximately the same size so they all cook evenly.
- Add potatoes to a large stock pot and add just enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Gently boil potatoes until you are able to easily poke a fork through them.
- Then drain potatoes in a colander.
- Transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl and add butter, cheese, garlic and herb, salt, pepper, and chives.
- With a potato masher, mash potatoes while slowly pouring in the milk. Add a little milk at a time. You may need more or less depending on the size of your potatoes. Stir potatoes to combine well.
Looking for more Thanksgiving meal ideas? We have teamed up with over 25 bloggers to give you a full Thanksgiving menu!
Maple – Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage | Five Heart Home
Turkey Tetrazzini w/ Mushrooms and Kale | The Fountain Ave Kitchen
Orange Balsamic Glazed Ham | Cherished Bliss
Turkey Soup | Carmel Moments
Cranberry Stuffed Turkey | Thoughts from Alice
Cauliflower Gratin | Love Grows Wild
Creamy Cheese Corn Casserole | Five Heart Home
Cranberry Citrus Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans | Delightful E Made
Sautéed French Green Beans | Cherished Bliss
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie | Cooking with Curls
Apple Pie Waffles | Club Narwhal
Raspberry Pie | Dessert Now Dinner Later
Triple Layer Chocolate Pie | I Should be Mopping the Floor
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie | Lemon Tree Dwelling
No Bake Brown Sugar Cheesecake w/ Spiced Pears | Baking a Moment
Nutella Kahlua Truffles | Kleinworth & Co
Pumpkin Cupcakes & Maple Cream Cheese Frosting | Cupcake Diaries
Cream Filled Coffee Cake | Tastes of Lizzy T
Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine | Wine and Glue
Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake | Maison De Pax
Want more tips from Ashley?
Subscribe to receive home decor ideas, furniture plans, and DIY tips delivered to your inbox!