It’s not technically Fall yet, buy whose ready?! I know I am!! So today I’m sharing a super easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe. Obviously if it’s easy it’s not made from scratch, but sometimes you just want chicken and dumplings right? Well… problem solved!
Please feel free to change things up to your liking. This is just how I make it.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings RecipePrint
- – Large Stock Pot
- – 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- – 8 cups Chicken Broth
- – Bisquick
- – Milk (based on Bisquick Dumplings Recipe)
- – 4-6 Carrots, sliced
- – 1/2 bag of Frozen Peas
- – Pepper
- – Garlic Powder
- Make dumplings following the recipe on the Bisquick Box
- Bring 8 cups of Chicken Broth to a boil and add seasonings to taste (pepper, garlic, etc)
- Add small to medium sized spoonfuls of dumplings to the broth
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook 10 more minutes
- About halfway through (before you cover) add carrots, shredded chicken, and peas
- Remove from heat, and let sit
– Stir occasionally to make sure dumplings don’t burn on bottom of pan
– Add carrots depending on how you like them cooked, if you like them softer, you might want to add them earlier.
– If you like a lot of dumplings, double the recipe on the Bisquick box.
– If you have extra soup left, boil again and add more dumplings : )
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
Have a beautiful day!