It’s not technically Fall yet, buy whose ready?! I know I am!! So today I’m sharing a super easy Chicken and Dumplings Recipe. Obviously if it’s easy it’s not made from scratch, but sometimes you just want chicken and dumplings right? Well… problem solved!
Please feel free to change things up to your liking. This is just how I make it.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings RecipePrint
Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- Total Time: 30 mins
- – Large Stock Pot
- – 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- – 8 cups Chicken Broth
- – Bisquick
- – Milk (based on Bisquick Dumplings Recipe)
- – 4-6 Carrots, sliced
- – 1/2 bag of Frozen Peas
- – Pepper
- – Garlic Powder
- Make dumplings following the recipe on the Bisquick Box
- Bring 8 cups of Chicken Broth to a boil and add seasonings to taste (pepper, garlic, etc)
- Add small to medium sized spoonfuls of dumplings to the broth
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook 10 more minutes
- About halfway through (before you cover) add carrots, shredded chicken, and peas
- Remove from heat, and let sit
– Stir occasionally to make sure dumplings don’t burn on bottom of pan
– Add carrots depending on how you like them cooked, if you like them softer, you might want to add them earlier.
– If you like a lot of dumplings, double the recipe on the Bisquick box.
– If you have extra soup left, boil again and add more dumplings : )
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
For more delicious food, check out my other recipes. And if you are just super ready for fall, you can check out my Fall crafts and decor.
Have a beautiful day!
I’ve never had chicken and dumplings before but this looks yummy and so easy, I’m going to try it out! Thanks for sharing!
Carrie This Home says
This looks fabulous! I love finding easy recipes so I’m going to pin this and I hope to try it out soon!
I’m stopping by from Get Schooled Saturday (#35 Bowl Licking Good Guacamole and 37 Easy DIY Photo Canvas)
Jessica H says
I LOVE chicken and dumplings! Thank you for this easy version! It’s raining cats and dogs here in Denver and we’ve been eating soup every night! Thank you for joining the link up!
Carrie This Home says
Just to let you know….I made this tonight and it was GREAT! My family loved it!
Oh YAY! Thanks so much for letting me know! It’s always a little scary sharing recipes… you don’t want to mess up somebody’s dinner, lol! Plus I usually just kind of eyeball stuff so its tough for me to write it all out! Have a great night, and thanks again for letting me know!