This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Collective Bias and their client. All opinions are my own.
This weekend I had a dinner party, but not just your regular dinner party! There was a small twist. It was a virtual dinner party! Does that even exist? It does now, lol! Now that we live across the country from all of our family, we don’t see them regularly for dinner anymore. I am here to tell you just because you can’t have your family over for dinner does not mean you cannot party with them! We had a party over skype! We do this all the time on either facetime or skype. We just set either the computer or the phone up and just kind of pretend we are there with each other. It really helps the kids feel like they are getting to hang out with the grandparents! So let’s take a look at all the details of the party!
Since I don’t have a very big table it’s difficult to do a big tablescape with all the things I would love to put on my table, but that doesn’t mean you can’t decorate it! I like to have something that I can easily remove from the table for when the kids sit down to eat on a regular basis. So I used some pumpkins and my pallet wood chargers I made last year (I just flipped them over). This makes it easy for me to pick up the entire centerpiece and move it to the counter when the kids are doing homework or eating breakfast.
For the place mats I took some drop cloth I had and just simply tore it. Then instead of placing them on the table like they should be, I turned them verically and made it look like there was two runners. This just helps allow for more space on my small table, plus I love how it turned out! I got my napkins and napkin rings from World Market. I am so excited about those napkin rings, they will go with everything! So for our dinner party we made some super easy Fish Tacos using my Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® (which are conveniently available at Wal Mart). I can’t believe how easy this makes dinner and still have something so healthy and delicious! It eliminates your need to pull out all those seasonings and measuring spoons. Just melt it in the pan and you are ready to go!
I have made this meal twice now, and they are delicious! If you are looking for some easy dinner recipes, this is a great thing to have in your fridge! For more on my shopping experience and where to find this great product, please check out my google + album
I know what you are thinking. Fish tacos do not sound easy. Well… these are! Let’s take a look at how it’s done!Print
- 1 lbs Tilapia
- 2 Squares Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter in Garlic and Herb
- 1/3 Head of Red Cabbage
- 1/3 Head of Cabbage
- 2 Green Onions
- 2 Lemons
- Small handful of Cilantro
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooked Rice (optional)
- Shred your Cabbage and chop your onions and cilantro, then set aside.
- In a skillet, melt your Saute Express Squares until bubbling.
- Add in Tilapia in and saute until cooked thoroughly. (Flipping as necessary.)
- Once it is almost done, add in a small amount of the green onion, and the juice of 1 lemon. Then shred your fish.
- While that is cooking add enough water in another skillet to barely cover the bottom. Once bubbling, add in all your cabbage, green onions, and cilantro then cook over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle on garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Stir and cook until desired tenderness of the cabbage is reached.
- Warm tortillas and layer rice, cabbage mix, and fish.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Serve with black beans and rice with slices of pineapple.
So you are essentially just sauteing up your cabbage and your fish, with a few little extras added in for an even better flavor!
The kids sure had blast eating them. I’m amazed at how much my small children who won’t eat green beans LOVE fish! But I think they loved eating off the “big people” plates and drinking out of real glasses too! My family had fun too and made some delicious tea with mint leaves! It was a great night of virtual family fun!