With the holidays right around the corner, I thought it would be an excellent time to share my homemade Healthy Ranch Dressing recipe with everyone. This recipe has been made in my kitchen for a few years and truly is a family favorite. This dressing recipe is an adapted version from the Fountain Avenue Kitchen’s Better For You Ranch recipe. If you have never stopped by Ann’s blog hop over and pay her a visit, she has wonderful healthy recipes for the whole family. My recipe includes garlic and herb seasoning, parsley, and an added splash of tarragon vinegar. I don’t know what it is about tarragon vinegar, but I like it and I hope you will too! If you are watching those waist lines, then this dressing is a wonderful healthy option with all the right ingredients. I know you are ready for the recipe, so let’s get started!
This dressing is really easy to make. Add all the ingredients to a cute pint size mason jar, seal, and shake to mix well, or whisk all ingredients in a mixing bowl. As you can see below I used dried parsley and chives, but if you have fresh on hand it is even better. Store the dressing in the refrigerator. I let all my flavors marinate overnight, but it is not mandatory. Serve over salad or as a veggie dip and enjoy!
Talk about simple and delicious!
- 6 TBS nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 6 TBS mayo
- 2 TBS finely chopped chives or 2 tsp dried chopped chives
- 2 TBS finely copped Italian parsley or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 TBS tarragon vinegar
- 2/3 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning (I use McCormick)
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- Add all ingredients to a pint size mason jar, seal, and shake to mix well, or whisk all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Store in refrigerator; I let all my flavors marinate overnight.
- Serve over salad or as a veggie dip. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might be interested in these!