Nothing says home like traditional Homestyle Lasagna. This dish is truly an Italian American classic and is a staple in many homes. A few years back I prepared this for my sister’s family as they were preparing to move. My sister called me the next morning and told me that my brother-in-law actually woke up thinking about how good the lasagna was from the night before. I was truly honored, and my sister and I continue to prepare this very lasagna today. It is a meal the whole family enjoys. Today I am sharing our family recipe and I hope this Homestyle Lasagna gathers your family around the dinner table for a night of delicious food, joyous laughter, and good conversation.
In a large stock pot brown ground beef, chopped onion, and minced garlic. If your beef is fatty drain the grease. Next add tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, sugar, red pepper, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. While the sauce is simmering beat an egg in a medium bowl. Then add ricotta cheese and add a sprinkle (about 1 tsp of Italian seasonings and mix well.
Now you are ready to put your lasagna together! Place a small amount of sauce (so the lasagna noodles do not touch the bottom of the pan) in a greases 9 x 13 casserole dish. Spread layers of noodles, ricotta cheese, sauce, and mozzarella cheese for 3 layers. Next, add the last layer of noodles ( creating layer 4) and then pour the remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle the top of the lasagna with mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and oregano. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes covered with foil. Then remove foil for and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Call the family to the table and enjoy a wonderful family meal made by you! Serve with fresh steamed green beans, salad, and French bread. Enjoy :)Print
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 small purple onion chopped fine or a large shallot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1– 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1– 15 oz can diced tomato
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or veggie broth
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic & herb (I use McCormick)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp honey or granulated sugar
- salt and pepper to taste (I use about 1/2 tsp of each)
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 package of oven ready lasagna noodles or prepared noodles
- 3/4 –1 lbs. shredded mozzarella cheese ( I use about 3/4 of a pound)
- Parmesan cheese
- In a large stock pot brown ground beef, chopped onions, and minced garlic. If your beef is fatty drain the grease.
- Next add tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb sugar, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering beat an egg in a medium bowl.
- Then add ricotta cheese and add a sprinkle in about 1 tsp of Italian seasonings, then mix well.
- Now you are ready to put your lasagna together!
- Place a small amount of sauce (so the lasagna noodles do not touch the bottom of the pan) in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Spread layers of noodles, ricotta cheese, sauce, and mozzarella cheese for 3 layers.
- Next, add the last layer of noodles ( creating layer 4) and then pour the remaining sauce over the top
- Sprinkle the top of the lasagna with mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and oregano.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes covered with foil. Then remove foil for an additional 10-15 minutes.
If you were pleased with this recipe, you might be interested in these!
Becca from It's Yummi! says
I’m all about comfort food, and your lasagna fits perfectly into that category!
Thanks, Becca! This recipe is definitely a favorite comfort food on our family menu! Thanks for stopping by :)
Making new dishes at home is always tough for the first time and you do many wrong things too. Maybe you have not achieved it in the first time but you definitely do it at last.
Our Jackets exhibited in our display area considered their whole excursion of greatness, and how they arrived at where they are today. How the idea of every texture was dealt with, and they were prepared, and cleaned and molded and embellished, to transform into their best form.
Biker Jacket says
Essentially want to state your article is as astonishing. The lucidity in your post is basically awesome and I could accept that you’re a specialist regarding this matter. Well with your authorization permit me to get your RSS channel to stay up with the latest with impending post. Much appreciated and please keep up the satisfying work
Bearing Price In Pakistan says
Your blog is totally shocking! On account of you I had the option to adapt such a lot of new things. You truly inspired me to compose a couple of blog articles for my website design webpage. Much obliged and best of luck!
George Bowens says
Hi, This dish looks really amazing, I also want to eat this one. By the way, If you are going to start a new business then make a perfect business plan with the help of https://www.ogscapital.com/article/salon-business-plan/ here expert will make the perfect business plan for you.
Williams Greg says
Nice article great and useful information. I think this article is worth your attention, my friend. Check it Thanks for sharing
Chris John says
Our service is specifically for people, who know skin care and hair care and are smart enough to put their money in the right place to get the best quality product.
Hello, I love that dish. I love to cook food for my friends. Recently, I was searching for the 10 dollar deposit casinos australia online and while searching for it online, I am glad I have found your post in which you have shared a recipe for lasagna. I will surely try this out on this upcoming weekends. Thanks a lot for sharing that recipe with us.
dev baker says
Best quality content for pdf maker and editor. Those who want to know more about it then check it.pdf editor for android. Thanks a lot for this.
Ellie Chamberlayn says
I’m new to this website and I’m excited to tell you that your blog is amazing; Visit website I’ve spent a large amount of time on it and plan to return. Best of luck in the future
Antonio Wesley says
I love your blog entry about Moving Day in Boston. It was exceptionally complete, and I value that you carefully described the why’s, the manner by which’s, and what’s of Moving and the city of Boston. Certainly an extraordinary read!Ryan gosling green denim trucker jacket
This is an edit to my review dinosaur game. I missed a layer of noodles so it takes 12. This would make for a thicker lasagna.