Add all the toppings you want to this toffee recipe, but this Peppermint S’mores Saltine Cracker Toffee Recipe is pure perfection for the holidays! This post is sponsored by Meijer, however all opinions are 100% my own.
Christmas time is all about the baking, so today let’s make something super fun and easy – Peppermint S’mores Saltine Cracker Toffee. If you’re looking for an easy dessert your kids can help with this is definitely it. There’s a few things kids might need help with depending on their age, but adding the toppings may just be the funnest part! This is also a fantastic dessert to take to holiday gatherings!
S’mores Saltine Toffee Recipe
This recipe is quite delicious, so maybe plan on giving some away to friends! ;) You can make this in so many different combinations, but I ran across some Graham Cracker Crumbs at Meijer the other day and thought Peppermint S’mores would be the perfect combination for Christmas!
How to Make Christmas Saltine Toffee
Saltine Toffee is very easy to make. The base consists of saltine crackers with a traditional toffee recipe poured over. For the toppings I used chocolate, marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and crushed peppermint puffs for a fun S’mores take.
- Line Pan with Saltine Crackers
- Pour Toffee Mixture on Top
- Melt Chocolate Chips on top
- Add Toppings’
- Let Cool
Full details in the recipe below!
Christmas Toffee Recipe
Saltine toffee toppings can easily be adjusted to your liking. Be adventurous and have fun! The best part about this recipe is that you can change it up for any holiday.
Some alternative ideas for Christmas Toffee:
- Use Pretzels or Graham Crackers for the base layer
- Experiment with different toppings (you can even use candy)
- Drizzle white chocolate across the top for a festive addition
- 2 sleeves saltine crackers
- 1 cup salted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup Meijer brown sugar
- 1 cup Meijer semi sweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/2 cup Meijer vanilla white baking chips
- 1–2 cups Meijer mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Meijer Peppermint Puffs, crushed
- Meijer graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a cookie sheet with foil. Rub oil on foil to avoid sticking.
- Line the cookie sheet with saltine crackers, set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat until butter has melted. Once the butter has melted bring to a boil for approx. 3 minutes or 285°F stirring constantly.
- Pour evenly over the saltine crackers and spread with a mixing spatula. Work fast while it’s hot to spread more easily.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 7-10 minutes. (this allows the mixture to spread evenly across the pan)
- Remove pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top. They will naturally start to melt. Using your mixing spatula, spread the chocolate evenly across the top. Be careful not to press down too hard and move the crackers around.
- Next sprinkle marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and peppermint on top
- Place in freezer and chill until hardened or about 15 minutes. Once the chocolate has hardened you can break apart the pieces and store in an airtight container.
Enjoy this delicious holiday dessert!!