Today I am a little sad because I just had to say goodbye to my sister and her precious family yesterday. They drove all the way down here to Texas to see us last Monday and we truly had a blast! With family in town a huge feast was in order, and this Pesto Pasta Salad definitely made it to the party. Pesto Pasta Salad is a great compliment to grilled sliders and spiral cut hot dogs! And no family gathering is complete without classic deviled eggs! Since this Pesto Pasta Salad was such a big hit with my family I want share my recipe with all of you. I hope you enjoy this yummy pasta salad at your next gathering. I know you are ready for the recipe, so let’s get cooking!
This salad is super easy to throw together, yet fresh and delicious! My favorite addition to this salad is the pearl mozzarella balls; they just add that simple touch of yumminess. And I adore how the bow tie pasta adds a little class, while the fresh garden cherry tomatoes delivers a burst of color.What brings this pasta salad altogether is homemade Classic Basil Pesto. I can’t begin to tell you how wonderful fresh garden pesto taste; you have to make some for yourself to experience the true goodness.
Ready for the recipe?!Print
- 1 lb faralle pasta (I used Barilla)
- 1/3 cup + 3 TBSP classic basil pesto, click here for my recipe
- 8 oz pearl size mozzarella balls, drained
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Cook pasta according to the box directions. I cook mine al dente!
- Once the pasta is done, place pasta in a mixing bowl and add pesto.
- Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Once the pasta has cooled add mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, kosher salt, pepper, and grated parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might be interest in these!