Hello everyone, I hope you all are having a fabulous week so far. I have a little secret and I am just going to say it out loud…I love Tex-Mex Food! I enjoy preparing Tex-Mex dishes just as much as I do eating them. This week I am sharing a few of my favorite Tex-Mex recipes, so please stay tuned!
Today I have a wonderful Warm Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe just for you. This salsa is wonderful on everything from Taco Salads, which I will be my sharing my recipe tomorrow, to yummy quesadillas! I know you are ready for the recipe, so let’s get cooking!
Warm Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped, seeds and ribs removed for a milder flavor
- 3 green onions, finely chopped including the green parts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 oz sweet frozen corn
- 15 oz canned Low Sodium Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- ½ tsp cumin (or to taste)
- ½ tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 TBS fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- First, heat 3 TBS of olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add red pepper, jalapeno, green onion, and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Then add frozen corn, black beans, lime juice, and seasonings.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat until corn and black beans are heated thoroughly.
- Next, stir in fresh cilantro
- Enjoy this warm salsa over tortilla chips, grilled fish, grilled chicken, in quesadillas, over nachos, or in a taco salad. The possibilities are endless!
If you enjoy this recipe, you might be interested in these! Click on the picture for the full recipe.