Hello everyone, I hope you all are having a fabulous week so far. I have a little secret and I am just going to say it out loud…I love Tex-Mex Food! I enjoy preparing Tex-Mex dishes just as much as I do eating them. This week I am sharing a few of my favorite Tex-Mex recipes, so please stay tuned!
Today I have a wonderful Warm Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe just for you. This salsa is wonderful on everything from Taco Salads, which I will be my sharing my recipe tomorrow, to yummy quesadillas! I know you are ready for the recipe, so let’s get cooking!
Warm Black Bean and Corn Salsa RecipePrint
This Black Bean and Corn salsa is wonderful topped on everything from Taco Salads to yummy quesadillas providing a burst of flavor.
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped, seeds and ribs removed for a milder flavor
- 3 green onions, finely chopped including the green parts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 oz sweet frozen corn
- 15 oz canned Low Sodium Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cumin (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 TBS fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- First, heat 3 TBS of olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add red pepper, jalapeno, green onion, and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Then add frozen corn, black beans, lime juice, and seasonings.
- Mix well and cook over medium heat until corn and black beans are heated thoroughly.
- Next, stir in fresh cilantro
- Enjoy this warm salsa over tortilla chips, grilled fish, grilled chicken, in quesadillas, over nachos, or in a taco salad. The possibilities are endless!
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: salsa, black bean, corn, mexican
If you enjoy this recipe, you might be interested in these! Click on the picture for the full recipe.