Up until today, we have not shared a single pumpkin flavored recipe this year. Maybe it’s because we shared tons last year, or maybe it’s because we have made pumpkin flavored things but we ate it before we could photograph it. Both are highly likely ; ) Audra is normally the cook around here, but I called her one day because I wanted to make these cookies, basically as a photo prop for one of my other posts. Little did I know that pumpkin pie and cookies would have a baby to give you these delicious Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Guys! These are the best thing since sliced bread! Seriously… my kids and husband fought me over them so I had time to snap a few pictures! Vultures I tell ya! Maybe they are the reason I don’t share recipes very often. I don’t know how my sister does it! She must have a black belt I don’t know about to keep her kids from the food!
Ok, so these are just a basic chocolate chip cookie that I altered to turn it into a Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookie! I use the same seasoning from Audra’s Pumpkin Bread Recipe.
I do have to warn you. Whoever cookies these, it’s kinda like getting two desserts in one. The pumpkin puree does leave the batter a little sticky, so you will need to clean the batter off your hands. I don’t know how you do this in your house, but here, we are found licking our fingers in a corner while hiding from the kids. Surely, I’m not the only mom who has done that right?? No shame here! : )
Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
So are you ready to make these delicious little creatures! Let’s get started!!Print
- 2 sticks of cold butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp all spice or cloves
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup Pure Pumpkin Puree (I use Libby’s)
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips to your liking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grade 2 sticks of COLD butter with a cheese grader, then place into a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour both brown and white sugar in the bowl with the butter and cream butter and sugars for about 2 mins.
- Add the 2 eggs (one at a time) and vanilla until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine together the rest of the dry ingredients: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, flours, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Once well combined pour half of the flour mixture into the medium bowl with your creamed sugar and butter. Once well mixed pour the remaining half of flour mixture into the batter, and mix thouroughly.
- Add Pumpkin Puree until fully mixed into the batter.
- Fold in your Chocolate Chips until evenly distributed.
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes or batter hardens slightly.
- Remove from freezer and roll small balls (about a heaping tablespoon of batter) and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins until cooked through. (test with a toothpick)
- Remove from oven and let rest 2 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool.
- Makes about 35-40 cookies depending on size.
Batter will be a little sticky due to the pumpkin puree. If it gets to soft to roll, place back in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
These cookies are not meant to be crunchy. They will be soft when removed from the oven, but will harden as they cool.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
I hope you enjoy this delicious Fall Dessert!
Do you love Pumpkin as much as we do? Be sure and check out these other great recipes!