Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Today I am am excited to share my Roasted Red Pepper, Tomatillo, and Cilantro Hummus recipe. This hummus dip has a wonderful Mexican twist that is sure to please any hummus fan. I adore all the flavors this hummus has to offer and I hope you will too. This dip often makes an appearance in my daughter’s lunch and when she pulls this hummus dip out, her friends always ask if she will share! Serve hummus with veggies, crackers, pita bread, or pretzels chips and enjoy all the cool flavors. This makes for a wonderful snack, an easy lunch option, or will zest up any party. Ready for the recipe? Lets get cooking :)
Roasted Red Pepper Tomatillo and Cilantro Hummus Recipe
Roasted Red Pepper, Tomatillo and Cilantro Hummus
- 1 can of low sodium 15oz garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 red pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed for a milder flavor
- 3 tomatillos
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBSP tahini paste
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- olive oil
- First preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the red pepper, jalapeno, tomatillos in quarters and peel the garlic cloves.
- In a small baking dish (I used a pie plate) coat red pepper, jalapeno, garlic and tomatillos evenly in olive oil. Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Now place the roasted red pepper, jalapeno, tomatillos, and garlic in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until smooth. Best served chilled. (in my opinion)
- Serve with veggies, crackers, pita bread, or pretzels chips.
Looking for more healthy Mexican inspired dishes? You might be interested in these!
Black Bean and Corn Quinoa Salad
Happy Valley Chow says
I love a good hummus and this sounds like a terrific recipe. Lots of great flavors, thanks for sharing :)
Happy Valley Chow
You are very welcome! Thanks for stopping by :)
Kathy Teel says
Loved the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Nice variation on the basic type I usually make. This is a keeper.
Where did you get the bowl? Looks like a nice size for serving appys.
Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe. I actually bought that serving bowl at Target and I believe it was less than $3, got to love Target ;)
Deb Reilley says
I just found this website today and made the Roasted Red Pepper, Tomatillo and Cilantro Hummus. I did not change a thing other than add an extra clove of garlic. I have never made hummus before and this was so easy. Now that I have the jar of tahini, I don’t think I’ll ever buy store bought hummus again. I was eating it out of the food processor, that how good it was. I can hardly wait to try some of the other recipes from this site. Thank you so much!!
It is a vegan recipe that is brimming with health advantages. Hummus is a rich source of plant protein. Making roasted red pepper hummus at home is simple and requires only a few ingredients.
Click here https://photographyservicesusa.com Photographer in USA